ISAE Congress Attendance Fund
Deadline: 28. February 2023
The ISAE has established a Congress Attendance Fund (CAF) to support the attendance of ISAE members at the annual congress. The amount of the fund will be no less than GBP 2000 and will be allocated to needy ISAE members to cover the Congress registration fee and potentially contribute to accommodation (but usually not travel expenses).
To be eligible, the applicant must be a member of the ISAE. The applicant must have submitted an abstract, and money will only be allocated if their presentation is accepted.
Applications for funding will be reviewed by the CAF Committee and will be prioritized on the basis of financial need and quality of the abstract. Researchers and students from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply for this support. Please note that support from the CAF to any one person is limited to once in any 5-year period – if you have received funding in the last 5 years, please do not apply.
The application must contain all of the following information:
1. Name of applicant
2. Postal and email address (or fax number)
3. The year the applicant became a member of the ISAE
4. Status of applicant (e.g. student, active researcher, unemployed researcher, etc.)
5. A full justification explaining why the applicant should be given an award. There is no fixed format for this justification, as reasons will vary between applicants, but if no justification is given, the application will not be considered.
6. A budget for attending the Congress, including a statement of which part(s) is requested from ISAE (but see limitations above) and whether other funding is available to cover parts not funded by ISAE
The application itself must not be more than one A4 page. It must be accompanied by a short CV, including a list of publications and/or presentations by the applicant (including local and regional meetings) and a copy of the abstract submitted for the Congress.
Applications are are due 28th February 2023 and should be sent to Susanne Waiblinger, Senior Vice President of the ISAE, at Susanne.Waiblinger (at) vetmeduni.ac.at with the subject “ISAE 2023 CAF”.
Successful applicants will be notified immediately following acceptance of Congress abstracts. For more information, see the Procedural Guidelines on the ISAE website or contact Susanne Waiblinger.